Sunday, April 10, 2011

This is a story of boy meets girl, but you should know upfront, this is not a love story.

The other night I felt like re-watching 500 Days of Summer. The first time I ever watched it was in the theaters with Matt and I actually didn't love it. The second time I saw it I liked it a lot better. Now, after seeing it on Friday for the third time I am absolutely in love with the movie. There are a few parts that I really wish didn't have to be in there though. Anyhow, here are some of the reasons I do like it:
-I love the style.
-The soundtrack is wonderful.
-Joseph Gordon-Levitt is adorable.
-I like Zooey Deschanel.
-I like that it's different than other chick flicks.
-It's realistic.
-It ends happily but not in the usual way.

The basic message of the movie is that sometimes things don't work out. But that doesn't mean that it's the end of the world or that there's no chance of finding love ever again. It's a movie about a break up but also about being able to move on.

Also my new favorite song (because of this movie) is now this one. I think it's so good.

So yeah, that's about all I have to say about that.

Oh also. Yesterday. Best day ever.

The end.

2 comments:

Jamie Lyn said...

I love this movie too, although I was like you; at first I wasn't crazy about it. But I think this film is a good reminder that our perception of reality is a big factor in our relationships with others and that you can't "force" anything in life to work that just isn't going to work. But that doesn't mean there aren't other opportunities around the corner.

Maren said...

I completely agree! :)