Monday, December 3, 2012

Every day you want to change, you can.



"Every day that you want to waste, that you want to waste, you can.
And every day that you want to wake up, you want to wake, you can.
And every day that you want to change, you want to change, yeah."

Sometimes, I get incredibly frustrated because I make mistakes. I get discouraged because I feel like I'll never be the person I want to be.
I know these lyrics aren't really about changing yourself, but that's something I love about music. It's open to interpretation. So when I hear this song, I am reminded that I am in control of my life. I can choose to waste my life or I can choose to wake up and I can change it. I am changing. It may be a slow process, but I am working towards being my best self. No matter how many times I mess up, it doesn't mean I can't change. It doesn't mean I'm not making progress. It doesn't mean I shouldn't get back up and try again.

So I'm getting back up and I'm going to try again.

Wish me luck.

No comments: