Thursday, March 3, 2011

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.



Well. It's been an interesting week. I wouldn't necessarily call it a good week though. I'm not gonna lie, there were a few tears and I wasn't really in the best mood. And I may have lost something really important to me. So that's been kind of rough. While I was wallowing and sad I realized that although I may have lost some friends, I actually do have so many really amazing people in my life. Also, I was thinking about how last year there was a time when I got pretty discouraged about school and life in general and I wrote a cheesy, little blog post about the things I was really grateful for and it actually helped more than I expected. So I'm going to do that again. Sorry for the cheesiness also it's way long so if you don't have a lot of time or interest in the subject I would suggest you stop reading now haha.


I am so glad I have the family that I do. I don't know what I would do without them. They are my very best friends... all of them. I love how my dad always seems so excited for me to come home and when he sees me on campus he just has the biggest smile and gives me hugs. Also he makes me my favorite dinner every single time I go home and I thoroughly appreciate and look forward to it haha. My mom is so patient when listening to me ramble on and on about everything in my life. I am so grateful for her, it's nice that someone listens and cares. :) Also I'm grateful she gives me a ride home from school every day so I don't have to deal with the bus and I love being able to see her and Camille that often, helps me not feel so homesick. I really look up to Jamie Lyn and I wish I were as witty and awesome as she is. My whole family looks forward to her coming home because she really just livens thing up and makes us laugh. And of course Camille, I'm so lucky to have her for my sister. Seriously, if I could be just like anyone in the world I would want to be like her. I'm glad that even though we go to different schools and live in different houses now, we can still just talk about everything going on in our lives like people, places, events, random stories that no one else would care about. But we care and we laugh and listen and talk. It's awesome.


I'm grateful for my closest friends. I love Jamie, she is the best roommate I could ever ask for! She has a very eventful life but it means a lot to me that she trusts me enough to tell me what's going on all of the time. I really do look forward to her stories from every day and especially the weekends (they are extra eventful). Also I am so glad she can just tell when I am having a bad day and get me to talk it out. Afterwards I feel a lot better and she gives really good advice. Stephanie is still one of the best friends ever even though we can't hang out as much. I appreciate her thoughtfulness for other people and our deep discussions and hyperness. I am excited that she has a boyfriend! And thanks to Matt Andersen for listening to me and being there for me. Also, glad I have him as a good example of a really good student haha. And Alexi is just wonderful to talk to because she talks a lot. It's very refreshing, she has a lot to say and even though I don't talk quite as much, I really enjoy listening to what she has to say. I'm glad she shares what's going on in her life. I'm also really glad that Jamie and I randomly became friends with Matt B., Thomas, John, and Hiram. They can really turn my day around for the better just because they are fun to hang out with. And I'm glad Matt and I have become closer friends because who else would run over here late at night with a hug and giant chocolate cookies (they were huge) when I really need a friend? He's also really easy to talk to and fun to hang out with. Kevin is really the person I have the most interesting conversations with I think. He's really great to talk to and really cares about making what he knows to be the right thing happen. He's very motivated.


I am also thankful for chocolate
Gilmore Girls
The comfy chairs in the alcoves at the JFSB
My job
Modern Family
The gospel (this list is not in any order haha)
Blogging
School (even though it's discouraging sometimes)
Music
My ipod so that I can listen to music all of the time
My laptop
Trees, sunsets, blue sky, sunshine, etc. (Nature, except snow)
Sweet mint gum. It's tasty.
Hamburgers and french fries.
Good memories
Imagination
Sleep
Long walks with good friends
My colorful socks
People with cars
Motivation (though I don't have a whole lot of it, I have enough)
Road trips
The ocean
Italian
When people randomly text me
Picture books
Zupas
Red Robin
Apologies
Forgiveness
Gravity
Cameras and photos
Really nice people
Psychology class
Best friends
Hugs
Cuddly animals
Musical instruments (especially piano)
People who keep trying
Friends who stay friends
Youtube
Marriages that last
Books
Professors who actually love to teach
Words
That broken hearts can heal
Stories with happy endings (yep, even if they're predictable)
My mind
People who really want to do the right thing
Stars
Spanish Fork
Missionaries (Thomas got his call and John is getting his next week!!)
Dr. Horrible
Comfortable couches
Hiking
Camping
That I am no longer in high school
Parker- because he makes Jamie so so happy
Megavideo
My extended family
Travel
Communication
Dreams

And yeah... you get the idea.

No comments: