Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm the hero of this story. I don't need to be saved.

Photo Credit

I can't sleep. So I might as well blog I suppose.
Today Camille gave a talk. It was brilliant. She's so cool.
She talked about something she learned at Girls Camp from Writer's Cubed (a writing group). They talked about being the hero of your own story. Camille kind of recapped. She said: "We are all the heroes of our stories. Because of this we have to make important decisions and develop over time, while carrying a burden no matter how big or small." She emphasized that we need to be careful about the people we choose as secondary characters in our stories. Secondary characters are the people that we choose to be closest to. This kind of stood out to me because I've been pretty sad about a couple of friendships that didn't end up working out. I realized that I am really grateful for the secondary characters in my life who stick with me through the thick and thin. I guess friendships that last are pretty hard to come by so when they do last, it's definitely something to be thankful for and they are people that we shouldn't just take for granted.
It's been a little bit of a rough couple of weeks for me and I'm just so grateful for everyone who puts up with my emotional craziness haha.
So thanks to those secondary characters in my story. You know who you are. I really appreciate everything you do and seriously don't know where I'd be without you.

No comments: