Friday, June 21, 2013

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22



Photo Credit
On Wednesday I turned 22! Yup. I'm super old now. Although, honestly, I've been feeling like I'm 22 ever since Camille and I started blasting Taylor Swift's song 22 while we made dinner in the kitchen. We decided it would be my anthem for my birthday--and it was.

 I was sad Camille couldn't be here to sing it with me, but she told me she'd be singing it all day in Sweden. So that works I guess.
I had to take a final on my birthday, but that turned out to be a lot more fun than I expected. It was a group project and my group brought clay for everyone to play with. Messy, but entertaining. Other groups brought play-dough or picture games or writing challenges. Basically it was like the best final ever?
After that, I had to work until 5, which I wasn't terribly excited about. But my mom (who works with me) brough nutella rolls in and my friend made me cupcakes. She also made me these:

She's amazing haha. They decorated my desk and played T-Swift's 22 as I walked in. I have the best co-workers!!
Afterwards, my parents provided me with homemade pizza and fresh strawberry ice cream. Mmmm it was amazing. My grandparents came over and so did Steven and his sisters. Then I went to institute which was pretty good but I had a hard time paying attention. We all went to Mariah's house after and she was so sweet and bought me a strawberry sundae and fries.
All in all, it was a lovely day. The people in my life are so awesome and I am grateful for every single one of them. I'm thinking 22 will be a pretty great year... anyway, I plan on making it a better year than 21 was.

No comments: