I was having a pretty tough morning yesterday, and as soon as Stephanie found out, she came down here (from Lehi, so it wasn't easy and she had to pay) but she didn't even waste a second and I didn't have to ask her. She just came down and we decided to see "Despicable Me" at the dollar theater. (Mostly because Inception was sold out). We got soaked in the rain as we ran to Shopko and bought delicious treats for our movie experience. The movie was funny at some parts and the girls sitting next to us laughed hysterically through the entire thing. Then after that, we ate food at Cafe Rio (my favorite place these days) and then she had to leave for her bus pretty soon after. And, even though it was really short, I felt a lot better. It was nice to just hang out with a good friend for awhile. And it was sooo nice of her to just come down without having planned it beforehand. I'm really lucky, and grateful that she is my friend.
So thanks, Stephanie. :)
Also, I love the movie "Anastasia." Kristy was watching it the other day and afterwards we just played the songs over and over on Youtube and sang along. It was fun, and brought back good memories of Camille and I watching it when we were little and then dancing and singing along to the ending credits.
I know it sounds kind of funny, but I want to grow up to be like my little sister. She is just really amazing! And her 17th birthday was last week so here are 17 things I love about Camille (not in any particular order though):
1. She is selfless. She's always been really giving and generous. Any time I am sad she is right there to help me out and she does that for everyone around her.
2. Intelligent. Sometimes I am surprised at the things she says because they seem so wise and insightful. She really knows what she's talking about.
3. Dedicated. I really want to be as motivated as Camille is. She goes to a really hard school and I know she gets overwhelmed by the homework load sometimes, but she keeps trying her best even when she's discouraged. She always does what she knows she is supposed to do and I think that's really admirable because sometimes it's just easier to slack off or give up.
4. Funny. Sometimes we are the silliest people I know. It's really fun and I feel really lucky to have two sisters that I get along with so well and can laugh with so much.
5. Bakes delicious cookies. Enough said.
6. She's so pretty. I am jealous haha.
7. A chocolate lover.
8. She's very inclusive. She always makes sure that no one is lonely or left out of social events. She is pretty popular because she is so willing to go out of her way just to talk to someone who looks lonely or sit by them in class.
9. Reads faster than anyone I know. And she comprehends more than I comprehend when I read slowly...
10. Reads her scriptures like every day and gets so excited about seminary.
11. She has good taste in music.
12. Good at writing, despite the fact she thinks she isn't.
13. She and I have great homework parties. Best ones I've been to.
15. She watches chick flicks with me. And BBC films like Pride and Prejudice, Emma, North and South, etc.
17. She's my best friend. I can talk to her about anything and I never get sick of hanging out with her. I am so lucky and grateful to have her as my sister!
"What then is the good of--what is even the defence for--occupying our hearts with stories of what never happened and entering vicariously into feelings which we should try to avoid having in our own person? The nearest I have yet got to an answer is that we seek an enlargement of our being. We want to be more than ourselves... We want to see with other eyes, to imagine with other imaginations, to feel with other hearts, as well as with our own... In reading great literature I become a thousand men and yet remain myself. Like the night sky in the Greek poem, I see with a myriad eyes, but it is still I who see. Here, as in worship, in love, in moral action, and in knowing, I transcend myself, and am never more than myself when I do."
~C.S. Lewis from the Epilogue to An Experiment in Criticism
So I've never been good at bowling... or terribly interested in it... but suddenly I am kind of on a bowling team. Yes, an actual team for bowling. A couple of the girls in my building at Wyview (including Jamie) joined BYU's bowling league that is on Wednesday nights. I just became the official sub if anyone can't go. So we had our first one this past Wednesday. It was actually really fun! My high score was a 45... but still we all just had a good time and made new friends. And we had a midnight Taco Bell run right after which is definitely the best time to go to Taco Bell. Oh and we decided our team name is "I can't believe it's not gutter" because we thought it was pretty applicable considering our bowling skills.