Friday, October 28, 2011

The world carries on without you but nothing remains the same.

I feel like I have a lot to say so I might just post a lot of random blogs today. Just to give you a fair warning.

First of all, something has been on my mind quite a bit lately. This is probably because the people of Spanish Fork have been having a rough time. In case you haven't heard, there have been a couple of tragedies that have greatly impacted many people there. The main one was the terrible train accident that took the lives of three girls.
This stayed on my mind for days, I couldn't stop thinking about those girls. I thought about how they had facebooks, crushes, homework, and friends just like every other teenager I know.They had futures and dreams and they had no idea what was going to happen that day. It reminded me that life is short and we don't know how long we have. It made me want to better appreciate the life I have and the people I love.
I haven't exactly been loving life the way I should. After thinking about this for awhile though, I've started to try to really live it. I want to make my life the way I dream it will be. I don't want to be afraid to actually do what I want to do. My friend on facebook wrote a note recently about jealousy. She brought up a point that I think is very true. We tend to look at people who have the kind of life we wish we had and we say "They are so lucky! I am jealous, if only I could be like that." But really, they had to work for that and we can do the same. I want to actually be active in pursuing the kind of life I want to lead. Surprises will come along the way of course, tragedies and hard times, but I want to be prepared and to never forget to show the people I care about that I love them.
I didn't know these girls, but I am keeping their families in my prayers, I hope they can find comfort and peace through this really difficult time.

No comments: