Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wow it's been forever and a day.

It's been forever since I've blogged...

Well, school started. That's been great and difficult and crazy all at once. I feel like I'm always running because I'm pretty much gone from 7:30 am to 10:30 pm every day. I absolutely love my creative writing class even though I'm really not a very good creative writer... or writer in general, but I'm working on it! Human Development is interesting but the homework and tests are pretty intense. History of Psychology is really good. My professor leads great discussions and his lectures are never boring. We'll see if I like it after the mid-term though... Anyway, enough about school.



Aren't they cute?
A couple of weeks ago my family and I took a trip to Minnesota to visit with my dad's side of the family. My grandma turned 75 so we had a huge birthday party for her. I actually really enjoyed the whole trip. We were able to drive by the house my dad grew up in, the lake he lived by, and his high school and it was kind of fun to learn about my dad's past because I feel like I don't know as much about his as I do about my mom's. I'm glad we all got to go out there and see everyone because it really has been forever since we've seen a lot of those people--about ten years--and I don't remember much about the last trip.

Visiting with my grandparents, aunts, and uncles made me wish I saw them more often! I feel like there's a whole part of my family I know nothing about. They are all awesome though. The birthday party went really well and I think my grandma felt loved. At least I hope she did because like 50 people came and my aunt put a ton of work into making everything work.




Also, I think Minnesota is really gorgeous. The lakes are beautiful, the rivers are way bigger than the ones in Utah, and the trees are so green and shady. If the winters weren't so awful I'd consider living there someday. I looked out the window the whole plane ride back to Utah and the day was really clear so I could see the Minnesota scenery extremely well and I just thought it was beautiful.





Anyway, I have more to post about but I think this will have to be all for now. Ciao!

No comments: