Saturday, June 30, 2012

one year older.

I have a lot I want to post about--I am so behind in my blogging. So I guess I'll just start with my birthday.

About a week and a half ago, I turned twenty-one years old. Crazy right? Now I can legally do a bunch of things I don't ever want to do and won't do. yayy. The birthday was really good, for the most part. I have the best family and friends. Ever. I love them all so much. My family threw me a little party serving hamburgers, steak fries, and malts (one of my favorite dinners) and they gave me awesome gifts. Afterwards, some of my friends threw me a party complete with an ice cream cake, lava monster, and Megamind. I also got mint green skinny jeans... I love them.

You know whenever you have a birthday at least one person is probably going to ask you something like: "Do you feel older?" or "Do you feel any different?" or "How does it feel to be [whatever age]?" even though everyone knows you probably feel just the same as you did the day before. Well, on my birthday a friend asked me if I felt any older. Of course I told him I didn't, then he started talking about how it's interesting that on your birthday you don't ever feel any older than you did yesterday... but really when you think about who you were 5 years ago, a year ago, or even 6 months ago it's amazing how much you have changed. Then I started thinking about how different I am than I was a year ago. It's scary to think about how much I'll change in the next year.


I'm really loving my twenties so far. I know I'm in my very early twenties, but it's looking like it's going to be an awesome decade in my life. Probably the best one so far. Way better than being a teenager--that's for sure.

I found some old photos a few weeks ago. I think some of them are hilarious and some are embarrassing and I'm so glad I've changed a lot. But here's Maren through the ages:



 The end!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ahhh! I love your pictures!

Maren said...

Thank you!! :)