Monday, July 5, 2010

Hike to Escalante Cross

So.. this weekend has been pretty awesome. I don't want to go back to work tomorrow... but alas that is life. Oh well. But let me tell you about my fourth of July weekend. So on Saturday me, Stephanie, and Tate got up at about 6:15 (about... there were some complications) to hike up to Escalante Cross. It was so fun!! I thought I would regret waking up so early on a Saturday but actually I had a lot more fun hiking than I would have had sleeping. (And if you know me very well then you know that I enjoy sleeping a LOT). But it was great. I always sleep in on Saturdays and Sundays and I always go to work on the other days so I never see the sun rise. We watched it come up over the mountain while we sat underneath the cross. It was so beautiful! We were all amazed. It was really fun and we hope to do it again and have Camille join us next time. :D Here are some pictures: (because I can't seem to blog without pictures....)

             This is looking out on Spanish Fork.   
                            

 Spanish Fork Reservoir.

I'll post the rest of the weekend stuff later. Bedtime now. :)

No comments: